Saturday, December 20, 2014

Authors new to me in 2014

It's a little early, and the list could still grow, but here are the authors whose books I've read for the first time in 2014. Special thanks to the members of my "Beyond Hammett, Chandler, and Spillane: Lesser Known Writers of the Pulp and Paperback Eras" panel at Bouchercon 2014, who got me reading a number of those authors.

Donald Hamilton
Charlotte Armstrong
Milton Ozaki
Helen Nielsen
Dolores Hitchens
Ennis Willie
Roy Huggins
Lester Dent
Joseph Nazel
Marwan Muasher
C.V. Wedgwood
Frank Gruber
Amartya Sen
Trevanian
Theodore A. Tinsley
Diale Tlholwe
Alexandre Moret
Eduardo Galeano
Brian Garfield
Terry Hunt and Carl Lipo
Dietrich Kalteis
Tony Black
Paul Charles

© Peter Rozovsky 2014

6 Comments:

Blogger Shalet Jimmy said...

Till now, I have never thought of getting acquainted with new authors. I read the same people and the known ones. But it will be different next time.:D

December 21, 2014  
Anonymous kathy said...

I discovered Diane Chamberlain
And I live it when a new discovery had several titles to explore

December 21, 2014  
Anonymous kathy said...

Auto correct sucks
Love... Not live
Has... Not had
Grrr

December 21, 2014  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I don't set out to read new authors, but circumstances sometimes lead me in that direction. The results are often pleasing.

December 21, 2014  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Kathy, I don't know Diana Chamberlain. But it appears she has written around nine novels.

If an author I'm about to read for the first time has written a series, I'll generally start with the first book or else with one that grabs me with its first sentence. In either case, I relish the knowledge that if I like the book, I'll have more to read.

December 21, 2014  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

And I agree that auto-correct sucks, especially when it I have to override it three or four times before I can get it to stop incorrectly correcting me.

December 21, 2014  

Post a Comment

<< Home