Thursday, March 22, 2012

South African speech, plus more noir pics

Woozy, jet-lagged, and happy to be back from Israel and Zurich. Yeah, sure I'm happy to be back.

Started reading Mike Nicol's Payback on the plane, and I like his use of what I assume are local South African slang, dialect, and speech patterns: "You got no staying power, my bru. ... Patience, hey." "`You smoke dagga but you don't smoke cigarettes,' Abdul said to Val. `What a stupid. Mikey the moegoe.'" I had no idea what a moegoe was, but I liked the sound of it.

In the meantime, more pictures I like to think might suggest crime stories, photos by your humble blogkeeper.

© Peter Rozovsky 2012

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous solo said...

I liked the first pic, Peter. Is that Israel? Did they turn the sky green in honour of St Patrick's Day? Nice trick. Somebody should alert the Irish Tourist Board.

March 23, 2012  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Thanks. Both those scenes are in Tel Aviv, with the blue Mediterranean in the mid-ground in one picture and the green Mediterranean in the other.

March 23, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home