Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Out of the Kitchin

It's been hours since I've written about Irish crime fiction and days since I wrote about authors joining the blogosphere, so here's news of an Irish crime author joining the blogosphere.

Rob Kitchin, author of The Rule Book, opens his new blog, The View From the Blue House, with three posts that indicate a fair diversity: an opening announcement, a review of Stuart Neville's The Twelve (to be titled The Ghosts of Belfast in the U.S.) that also points the way toward other intriguing Northern Ireland crime titles, and a short story of Kitchin's own that takes an ugly chapter in Ireland's recent and current history and hits like a kick to the solar plexus.

Welcome to the blogosphere, Rob.

© Peter Rozovsky 2009

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger pattinase (abbott) said...

As someone whose family came from Londonderry to Philly and opened a tavern, I'll have to take a look.

July 15, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

In re taverns, you might also take a look at Gerard Brennan's Crime Scene NI blog. Among other things, you'll find links to his stories called "Tales from the Sweety Bottle" about his grandfather's illegal tavern in Belfast. I think he'd call your ancestral city Derry rather than Londonderry, though.

July 15, 2009  
Blogger Gerard Brennan said...

Hey, thanks for the wee promo there, Peter!

And you're right about the Stroke City thing.

Cheers

gb

July 15, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Stroke City or the Maiden City -- I learned about both those nicknames on my recent trip.

I also had an answer prepared for when I arrived in Glasgow should my taxi driver have asked where I was coming from. "What football team do you root for?" I'd have asked. Depending on whether he said Rangers or Celtic, I'd have replied Londonderry or Derry.

But the occasion never arose, and a correspondent from Scotland said the correct answer to my question about Glasgow football teams would have been Partick Thistle.

July 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home