Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'd like to thank ... Spinetingler

This humble blog has been nominated for the Second Annual Spinetingler Awards in the category of special services to the industry. Click this link, and vote, vote, vote!

One thing I like about these awards is that they recognize a wider range of authors and areas of publishing than many awards do. There are categories both for best new voice and rising star, for example, and an award for best short story published on the Web. Another thing I like is that they nominated me. Now, go vote your conscience. I'm sure you'll do the right thing.

N.B. I have just noticed that the Spinetingler ballot includes links to all short stories nominated in the category mentioned in the preceding paragraph. That's a pretty special service right there, I'd say.

© Peter Rozovsky 2009

Labels: ,

14 Comments:

Blogger Linkmeister said...

"go vote your conscience. I'm sure you'll do the right thing."

Nice little election you've got there; shame if somethin' happened to it.

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Uriah Robinson said...

Congratulations but you have strong competition from some Irish guy. ;o)

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Chris said...

Congrats!

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

And don't forget the fine print - the winner of the special services category has to be a judge to help compile the shortlists in the three novel categories next year. ;)

Seriously, congrats!

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

"Nice little election you've got there; shame if somethin' happened to it."

If you need help marking your ballots ...

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

And from some accomplished Americans, too, Uriah. Thanks for the kind words.

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Much obliged, Chris. Clench your jaws on that tiara, and don't let go.

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Many thanks, Sandra. I can think of more onerous tasks than that.

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Loren Eaton said...

In the truest Chicago spirit, I've voted once and will vote often.

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Many thanks. Rod Blagojevich wants me to win the award to clear the way for him to win it next year.

March 29, 2009  
Blogger R/T said...

I know that my vote counts for little (well, actually, to be honest about it, my votes count for more than a little because of my intention to frequently visit and cast a vote at the Spinetingler ballot site), but I would say here and now that you must be proud of the nomination and I would further say that you should not be surprised when you win as your many loyal blog visitors will almost certainly carry you across the finish line well ahead of the nearest competitors.

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Many thanks, R.T. And don't belittle what just one person can do. As a great patrot once said, he who does nothing is responsible for everything. Your fifty votes count as much as anyone else's.

March 29, 2009  
Blogger Patricia said...

Congrats!

April 15, 2009  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Many thanks. I'll have to see how the voting turned out.

April 15, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home