Saturday, March 01, 2008

Australian crime writers speak

Three of Australia's hard-working crime-fiction bloggers have teamed up over the past few months for a series of short interviews with a wide range of Australia's crime-fiction authors.

Starting Monday, Karen Chisholm of Aust Crime Fiction, Damien Gay of Crime Down Under and Perry Middlemiss of Matilda will present their interviews in a project called the Australian Crime Fiction Snapshot. I'll be eagerly clicking all three links to see what some of my favorite Australian authors have to say, and I expect I may find some new favorites, too.

Perry says the list includes Shane Maloney, Peter Temple, Kerry Greenwood, Lucy Sussex "and a whole host of others." Australia is a thinly populated land, but a disproportionate number of the people who do live there are fine crime writers. Maloney and Temple alone ought to make for some entertaining and informative reading. I hope you'll join me in following these interviews.

(Photo courtesy of Australian Tourist Commission © ATC 1997)

© Peter Rozovsky 2008

Technorati tags:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maloney is great. Discovered and read all his work in one go. There is more to come I believe.

March 03, 2008  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I've read three of his novels. I especially liked Nice Try, and I wonder if the series will end with Murray Whelan as prime minister. (I've just taken a look at the appalling images on The Worst of Perth, and I can well imagine Murray Whelan venting his spleen at some of them.)

I'll be looking forward to Maloney's interview in this project because the man always seems to be amusing in interviews, articles, speeches. He does not save his jokes just for his books.

March 03, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home