Thursday, June 14, 2007

Something new to me, if not to you.

The Bastulli Mystery Library offers the potential for interesting browsing and the chance to build up your to-read list. Its indexes crime books by author and category and also includes interviews and lists of awards.

I like the site because it introduced me to two Italian writers whose work I had not known: Santo Piazzese and Giorgio Scerbanenco, "one of the fathers of the Italian mystery."

© Peter Rozovsky 2007

Technorati tags:

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the info Peter, that site looks interesting. Do you read Italian then, as the authors you cite don't seem (naturally) to be readily available in English translation?

June 15, 2007  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I read enough Italian to leave myself knocked out after struggling through a page -- or part of a page. Between the two authors, it appears that one of Girogio Scerbanenco's books is available in an older English translation, Duca and the Milan Murders. Several appear to have been translated more recently into French and German, though, so perhaps English will catch up.

June 15, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home