Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Titillating titles

Do you have a hankering for a good, solid novel about a stripper turned private investigator? The indefatigable Karen of AustCrime reminds me that the Melbourne Age article I wrote about two days ago also mentions Cherry Pie, by Leigh Redhead, who I suspect was not born with that name.

Redhead's Simone Kirsch works in Melbourne, and Karen calls Cherry Pie "hilarious, with some very interesting sex scenes." Redhead is also the author of Rubdown and Peepshow. It may not surprise you to learn that the latter, Redhead's debut, "draws more than a little bit on her former life as a stripper and table dancer in Melbourne's strip clubs and peepshows," according to her Web site.

© Peter Rozovsky 2007

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just had a look at her website -- they look good. Write a review when you'vew read the first, so I know whether to get it or not!

All best, and happy new year to you, peter.

maxine.

January 04, 2007  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I will write about her if I read her. Some time back, I posted a few comments about sleuths in unusual professions: http://detectivesbeyondborders.blogspot.com/search/label/amateur%20sleuths The profession of stripper never came up.

January 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home